Take control of your own website content with our content management driven websites ... manage and update your website like an expert, without the technical knowledge ...
So what do we mean by content management systems (CMS)?
In website terms, it means having a website that can be edited and have the content changed easily by users with no programming skills. Our website content management systems take the work out of managing your web site!
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
Advantages of using a content management system:
- help you create a website that is easy to update with almost no technical knowledge.
- add, remove and change content via an online administration area - access your admin area anywhere there is internet access.
- add additional functionality in a matter of minutes - forums, galleries, comment systems, ecommerce solutions, video ... the list of CMS plugins is virtually endless.
- change the style / template of the entire site from one central point.
- easily set differing administrative levels for different employees within your business.
- saves money by not having to employ a website design company to update your web pages for you.
Will a content managed system cost you more?:Yes, but only slightly. That's because although the software is free to use, we have to install it at your chosen domain and make sure that the software is always kept up to date. This is important as new releases often contain security fixes. Outdated software can leave your site vulnerable to hacks so it's important to keep things up-to-date. So, although you pay a bit more to set a CMS website up, the advantge lies in saving you money in the future. Changes to the design and layout of the website can be completed much more quickly and efficiently and managing the content yourself saves on expensive maintenance costs.
What content mangement system do we use?:We use Joomla!, a powerful yet easy to use open source content management system for building and managaing websites.
It is one of the most popular and widely used website softwares available. Joomla is open source software that is developed by peer-based collaboration and generally released as open-source software. Open source software is free from licensing fees associated with commercial software which means we don't have to pass on any CMS development costs to our clients, something many other companies do who offer their own bespoke CMS platforms.
If you would like to experience Joomla, you can do so by accessing their demo page by clicking here.